Is there such a thing as a perfect parent? Absolutely not! Is there such a thing as a thriving parent? YES! As Solo Parents, the pressure feels like its been pushed up to 11 for us. It can be a struggle to make it through the week with everything in one piece, let alone feeling good about those pieces! How can we begin to enjoy the abundance of life? What is the secret to a thriving life filled with contentment? It’s all about your mindset!
My guest today is Shawn Fink, the founder of Abundant Mama. Shawn’s program and writing are focused on supporting Moms, but her advice applies to everyone. She doesn’t shy away from difficult topics. Instead, she is on a mission to connect moms to one another with programs and tools designed to get you working from the inside out. She wants to show women that they can feel connected to other moms out there in a pursuit of abundance. Find people who are hurting like you are hurting, and then work together to heal and grow!
Shawn’s approach to parenting is compassionate and real. We talk about so many relatable topics, but the takeaway is that it is worthwhile to cultivate a contented life. Trust yourself on your journey, and take it slow. You’ve got this.
More in this episode:
- Shawn shares how all of her different life experiences allows her to fuel her writings on motherhood.
- Loneliness was a tool Shawn used to form Abundant Mama.
- What exactly is an Abundant Mama? Hint: It’s not perfection!
- How we can cultivate contentment.
- There is inner work to do to find abundance.
- So many of our struggles are universal, and there is such beauty in that!
- How to navigate parenting expert advice in your unique situation.
- Make decisions that honor where you are right now.
Check out Abundant Mama Online and sign up for Shawn’s newest class!