I think now is the perfect moment to pause. Pause for a moment, and be thankful for your kids, your support team, and community. From that heart of gratitude, I want to offer comfort and assistance to those who have been in the midst of tragedy. My heart goes out to the victims of the Las Vegas shooting and their families. Locally, we are also experiencing some terrible forest fires that have left many people homeless. As I am reaching out to offer my aid, I am also reaching inward towards my kids.
With tragedy and insecurity in the back of my mind, I am especially grateful today for my conversation with my guest, Scott Noelle. Scott is a passionate parent coach who has built up an incredible model called “Path Parenting.” This parenting style focuses on a cooperative partnership with your child, and without the sense of authoritarian control. I think Scott has a vital perspective on parenting that is so essential while our world feels a little unsteady. When we learn the language of Path Parenting, we can remain more secure in our partnership with our children in what is definitely a tumultuous time. He emphasizes compassion, leadership, and trust above all else, and I think that is just the kind of message we need to hear today. You are going to learn so much from Scott today, so let’s begin!
More in this episode:
- Learn ways to filter through the noise and trust your parenting intuition.
- Scott’s own experiences with his parents informed and inspired his love of helping parents.
- We describe the collaborative dynamic between parents and children.
- Path Parenting applied through the development stages.
- Combating our control-obsessed culture.
- Leadership begins when the parent models behaviors and attitudes.
- How Trust Orientation can transform your relationship with your kids.
Sign up for Scott’s Daily Groove newsletter for a little inspiration right to your inbox!
A Daily Groove Post Related to our talk:
The Continuum Concept