Recently, I asked my community for topics that you most wanted me to cover on the show. You have spoken, and I have listened! So many of you in our Solo Parent Community have asked me about how to navigate Co-Parenting. How can we Co-Parent well, while also keeping myself sane? I hear you loud and clear, so today I am excited to bring my experiences and best tips right into your ears. The way I see it, there are two major issues at stake.
- How can I deal with all the Big Feelings surrounding the separation?
- How can I deal with Big Feelings surrounding my Ex-Partner?
The bottom line to remember is that we are doing this for our kids. How we respond to our Big Feelings will inadvertently give our children a way to manage their own. We want our kids to grow up feeling loved and supported by everyone, including our Ex and any new partners. I know how difficult and isolating it can be to Co-Parent on your own. With that in mind, I want to welcome you to a place of acceptance where your Big Feelings are acknowledged and supported. I appreciate you letting me into your ears today! Happy listening!
Also in the show:
- Ways that you can change your perspective about your Ex-Partner.
- Communication tools that you can use.
- A discussion of the Big Feelings that we tend to have when Co-Parenting.
- It’s all for the kids! How can you refocus to put them first.
- Tips for In-The-Moment Anger Checks.
- Text and Email communication tools for writing back to your Ex
- Healthy ways to handle your hurts.
- What to do when they bring up your Ex’s new partner.”
- For extra support in Co-Parenting, reach out to our Solo Parent Community!
Feel free to reach out with Questions and Comments about the Podcast!
Parent Coaching is still available.
There is still time to sign up for the Single Parent Summit