Welcome back to another moment to join together with the Solo Parent Community. We’ve had some exciting times in my household with the addition of our new family dog, Marley! Having a new family member has been such a welcome change and a breath of fresh air. It’s a little bit like self-care for me since having Marley around is such a positive experience. We talk all the time on the show about the importance of taking care of yourself, so it is great to find a new way of putting that into practice.
My guest this week is Karrie Myers Taylor, and she certainly knows a thing or two about self-care too! I am excited to share this interview with you not just because her healthy tips are superb for busy solo parents, but she was also interviewed for the Single Parent Summit happening this month! Karrie focuses on a holistic approach to health and wellness and really puts the focus on why you are eating the foods you eat. Healthy changes can begin today, and I know you will be inspired to start by what Karrie has to say. Go ahead and give it a listen! Karrie battled with perfectionism and its impact on her mental and physical health.
- After struggling with her weight, Karrie shares why she used food for a buffer.
- Quick healthy eating habits that you can use today!
- The emotional side of eating can be positive.
- How to detox from sugar and caffeine with easy swaps.
- Karrie speaks to how she can help with the anxiety associated with changing health habits.
- Getting the kids to buy into healthy eating.
- Ongoing support can lead to a breakthrough.
There is still time to sign up for the Single Parent Summit