Let’s talk money! You might hear that and get excited, or you might hear that and start to groan. Money can be a source of both security and anxiety. Which is it for you? Have you ever had a time when an unexpected expense pops up? You know the kind—big birthday gifts, replacing those heavy (and expensive!) winter coats, or a once and a lifetime opportunity to do something you’ve always wanted to do. How did you handle those expenses? Did your budget last? OK, how about this question: do you have a budget?
If your mind is already swirling, take a pause and rest assured that my guest this week is about to make your money madness so much better. Today, I am talking with Jen Hemphill, host of the “Her Money Matters” podcast. I love Jen’s podcast, and it has really helped me keep an eye on my finances without driving me crazy in the process. She has tons of tips and resources to get us through those unexpected expenses. I am excited that she gets to share with you today!
Also in this episode:
- Jen shares her own experiences as a Solo Parent as a Military Wife.
- The inspiration behind the “Her Money Matters” Podcast.
- Tips and tricks for the coupon-leery
- Budget mistakes we all tend to make.
- Tackling unexpected expenses with practical, monthly steps.
- Planning for life with a single income.
- Focus on what you can control
Get caught up on the “Her Money Matters” Podcast and seek out Coaching and Community: