This week, let’s sit down and do something a little different. I really wanted to share a co-parenting success story that is very near and dear to my heart. Kat was our beloved babysitter, and her parents divorced when she was young. If two parents managed to handle divorce the “right” way, it was Sandra and her husband.
I have Kat and Sandra on the show this week, and together they tell the story of their family, just so we can all gain a little perspective. Sure, their family may look a little different than what they had hoped it would be, but with sacrifice and intrepid spirits, their family still had two supportive parents doing everything in their power to be present with their children. Just like it takes work to make a marriage, it takes work to make a divorce too! I think Sandra’s courage and compassion is so inspiring, so join us this week to see how.
Also in this episode:
- Learn from a divorce done “right.”
- Learn from a divorce done “right.” The importance of a support system, even from the grandparents!
- The importance of a support system, even from the grandparents! Family dynamics, cultural influences, and parental accountability during the divorce process.
- Family dynamics, cultural influences, and parental accountability during the divorce process.
- Being resolved to bite their tongue and make things work for the kids.
- Letting go of the things we can’t change.
- Showing compassion and kindness in co-parenting.
- Keep regrouping! Work through the tough spots and grow together.
Join the Newsletter on my Website!