If you’re a parent going through a difficult transition in your life and you could really use some support, listen in to today’s show, with Robbin’s guest, Tricia Wigg, and find out how she assists mothers through her faith-based support.
Tricia is the Director of Children and Family Ministries at United Methodist in New Valley and she also runs a faith-based support group for mothers. She has a wonderful way of talking to people about how to move through different life transitions and how to tap in, incorporate and thrive around their faith. Today she talks to Robbin about faith and about remembering how important it really is to have faith to ground you, when you’re going through transitions in life- even that of becoming a parent. Listen in to find out more.
Today, Tricia talks to Robbin about:
- Her Grace Within Support Group for mothers- how it works and what it has to offer.
- How she helps people to remember their faith when they’re going through a difficult time, with songs and stories.
- Using Godly Play, a Sunday School Curriculum and a model for worship to help children and parents.
- Tricia shares some sacred stories that she finds to be really meaningful and uses to help children.
- Remembering that your faith is always with you, no matter how difficult the situation may be.
- That there is no one way to find your faith, so it’s important to remain open and remember that there are many things that can give you insight.
- Tricia shares one of the questions that she asks the people in her group, to help them build their self-respect and self-esteem.
- Asking yourself questions as a way to open yourself up to new possibilities.