If you’re a recently divorced parent and unsure if you’re ready to begin dating, or if you’d like to find out how to know when the time is right, listen in to today’s show and find out from the guest speaker, Jill Gross, what you can do to ensure that you’re well prepared for meeting a possible new partner.
Jill is a psychologist, living in Seattle and she’s the single mom of two kids, aged 12 and 14. She has been divorced for about eight years and during that time, she developed a system, which is effective when it comes to playing the dating game. Jill should know, as she found herself a new partner that way and they have been together for the last three years. Join Robbin and Jill today, for the first half of a two-part series about dating and being a single parent and find out how to know when you’re ready to date.
Today, Jill and Robbin discuss:
- Some sound advice for single moms and dads, about where to start with the dating game.
- How Jill relates to the problems experienced by single parents.
- Dealing with the grief of divorce when dating.
- The HOW to do it- Honesty Openness and Willingness to try. (Melody Beattie)
- Dating from a place of adding value, rather than filling a void.
- The end of a marriage can feel like a death and it often requires mourning to come to terms with it.
- Why it can take you a couple of years to work out your ‘stuff’ after your marriage ends.
- Using support or interest groups to be with people who are going through the same thing as you are.
- Getting out of your comfort zone and trying something new, something that scares you a little, even.
Don’t forget to sign up for the Solo Parent Life Weekly Newsletter!
Robbin suggests: www.meetup.com
[cp_modal display=”inline” id=”cp_id_ecc5c”][/cp_modal]