Today’s guest is Lorraine Platt. She and her husband co-own Teen Solutions and they focus on lots of different issues that teenagers deal with. Admittedly, Lorraine started out being afraid of teenagers, but the more she worked with them, the more she fell in love with them. Lorraine and her husband focus on mentoring services for teens, which is so needed as teens are growing up in these challenging times.
If you make time and space for your teen to find themselves, they will be on stronger ground when they leave the family.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Why same-sex mentoring is so important
- The issues that can be uncovered when teens are free to talk openly about anything
- How social media is pressuring teens today
- A parents job is to raise and launch their children. Find out what that means!
- Why it’s important to take an interest in who your teenager is
- Phone use and boundaries plays a big role in developing relationships with your teen
- Does your teen want to spend time with you, even when they act like they don’t?
- Dad’s have some advantages as a single parent that Moms don’t have
- Teenagers are under the pressure of perfection, so we have to counteract that as parents
- Encouraging your teen to express themselves as who they want to be to the world